Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Single Mom - My Hero

I often sit and find myself thinking 'what if', what if I become that single mother, what if he leaves me...leaves us? WHAT IF???

Then I look back, I look to all the single mothers I know. These are a new breed of woman I tell you. Their strength is endless, the love and courage goes beyond what any one person should go through. I look to these woman in my life and I smile. I have them, they have me.

I wonder, your heart is bleeding inside but you have the widest and happiest smile when you see your baby girl  or boy running towards you. That, my people, that is what a mothers love is made of. It asks not 'mommy can I leave you alone for 2 minutes so you can wash your face and wipe away your tears'! It is blind. Your children are oblivious because you, the strong one, only want to show them love and laughter.

The few bad species of men out there take the cake! How? How do you shove the mother of your child away and swear at her in front of your spawn? How do you take that love that the mother of your child so badly wants to share with you and throw it back in her face as if creating life together was meaningless? How do you deny your seed that is the exact replica of you? Your smile, your nose, your mouth?

That is why these day, when a man is doing what he is suppose to be doing in the first place gets praise simply for still 'being there'.

I now understand that love you have for the father of your children. It runs deep, deeper than any hole man can ever dig. He, the donor, the other 'half' of the biological make up of your baby will forever have that place in your heart.

Today I want to take time out and be grateful for the father of my unborn child. I cannot be easy being around me! I know I am not the easiest of people to be around, add some hormones to that and you have a crazy person. But I must give thanks where it is due, for the support and love that Yellow provides. Not only from him, but from single mothers everywhere!!! For the strength I draw from the mothers around me.

To you, the single mom, you are a hero!




3 comments: