Monday 10 June 2013

Baby reactions!!!

The very first people to find out about anyone's pregnancy is people that you know, love and trust! I'm not sure if it's with all cultures, but the news is only suppose to be told to those nearest and dearest till after you reach the 3 month milestone. This is due to the high miscarriage risk factor and being superstitious etc...

For me, I was of course with my Yellow and my best friend and sister, Beauty! She cried as if the news was that of her own, so happy that there will be a new addition to the family. She says 'being an aunty is an extension of motherhood!' I'm in total agreement there as her son is like my son, I love our little lion Damian-Lee like he is mine (as is the case with my 3 godchildren) and baby Lauryn who was recently added to my collection of children:) Don't I just sound like a hoarder? I was actually told that before, I love children so much I 'hoard' them, like really! Was even called 'the baby whisperer' before, my love of all beings children.

I can't say what it is about them, their innocence, that unfiltered joy? They know only of happiness, such little miracles they are.

So the reactions you get from people may differ, and the gap can be ...................................... so big! A friend of mine that I was recently reconnected with literally shed a tear of joy over the phone, heck, she made me want to cry! I could hear here jumping up and down, squealing with excitement at her place of work - imagine that!.
Another reaction was a full on 10 minute blank stare! You're in your happiest moment, that is not the reaction you're looking for. Others were filled with hugs and 'I'm so happy for you's'!!!

I think anyone who really knows me, knows how deep my love for children run.

 If you're an expecting first time mommy and have yet to tell your friends, tread with caution, not everyone will react as you imagine in your mind. Don't let it get you down, rejoice and take pride in the life you've helped create. Eventually the shock wears off and they can congratulate and be genuinely happy for you too:) Also remember, you are a tad bit more (like a zillion times more) hormonal than usual, so take it easy and don't overreact or read too much into things in the beginning.

:):):)

2 comments: