Wednesday 3 July 2013

Battle of the Sexes!!!

It's a whole week before I'm suppose to find out the sex of my little one...BUT my mom was being an eager beaver, bless her soul! I get a call at work saying she got me a referral letter to go for an ultrasound!!!

I won't even lie, I was exciting about getting to see my baby a week earlier!!! How baby must of grown in the past month...
Before I get lost in daydreaming about my little one...I called Medi-Clinic right away to get an appointment. It was set for Friday morning, 8H30


Look at me stretch out my legs mommy and daddy!!!

My mind is all over the place, call it pregnancy brain or straight up hormones, I "lost" my referral letter:( Devastated that I now have to wait another 7 days to see the baby, I went into crazy mode. I searched high and low for that damn letter, the last place I remember putting it was in my diary...but as I searched and searched it was not where I left (or so I thought) sigh!
28 June 2013 - Friday morning arrived, 8H30, and still no letter. So we had to wait for that doctor to come in, which was only at 11H00 and then only could we proceed to Medi-Clinic. In the mean time, mom collapsed and was rushed to the hospital...talk about adding on to my stress. I was dying of worry for my mom and frustrated on the other hand that I lost that important piece of paper. In her state, mom still wanted to see the baby...so I still went to the ultrasound.

And there was my little baby, displayed on the black and white screen...legs stretched out to the full extent of  the home we call the uterus. Baby was lying as if on a cruise, then after a while of us 'ooooohing and aaaahing', the baby turned around as if to say 'it's enough now'! Such a little performer, kicking and crossing of legs, Beauty, my sister who was also present said she's doing yoga in there:):):) Yellow shed a young tear, it becomes so real when you see that there is a little being in there!!! The sonographer told us the sex, or at least what she can see thus far and printed out the first picture of my angel. It's love.
We rush down to mom, showed her baby's 1st picture, it was good to see her smile after the morning she had. She was more excited about the sex of the baby and the name we chose (IF the sonographer is right)

My next appointment with my doctor is this week, Friday 5th July 2013...he will then confirm the sex for us!!! So till then...stay tuned:):):):)

5 comments:

  1. Interesting read, looking forward to Part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! I've been reading your sports blog too:) Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete