Sunday 16 June 2013

The good, the bad, the ugly:)

The Ugly 
 Morning Sickness

None of my girls had morning sickness...all but one! Whose tips saved me, and thank you for Google! There is no real remedy out there, however, there are things you can do to ease the queasiness and keep some food down! Here's what worked for me;

*toast bread (dry or with butter)
*party mix crackers
*tura ys/ys bompies/ice lollies ...anything cold helped!!!

Morning sickness is but one of the hurdles some of us will have to go through, hang in there ladies! Now that I'm in my second trimester all that is gone, yay me!!!

The Bad

So while most people are happy for you and you are drowning in sheer bliss, there are others out there who might make it their mission to throw in a word or two to get your spirits down. Whether it be from unsupportive family members or friends, I think the best way to deal with it is to steer clear of such folks and comfort yourself in the thoughts that in a few months you will be holding the beautiful gift of life in your hands. Find comfort in your happiness, the love you feel for your unborn should comfort and guide you to banish all the evil and bad that might come your way. It will be hard, no one ever said it will be easy...but you have to stay strong. Being in a positive state of mind and stress free is not only good for you as a mommy-to-be, but it's vital for your little light!

Life does not end with a baby on the way, I've been told I'm boring now, simply because I feel it's important to protect my unborn, in a sense that I would find appropriate to stay away from shabeens and other such rowdy places for the well being of my goga. 'Let them talk', is that not the saying? Do what you feel you have to do, by all means, let them say what they have to say!

The Good

Now that drinking, smoking and clubbing are off my list of things to do, one might wonder 'what do you keep yourself busy with?' There's tons to do...catch up on reading, hey, start a blog! Make time for your girls, gather for cooking evenings indoors, watch movies/series, go eat out at some good restaurants:) I've set a challenge for myself, I recently came across the 'Windhoek Restaurant Guide', so I decided, hey, why not?! Soon I'll be really 'eating for two' and it's fun and a great way to get out the house and do something fun! I've marked all the places I've already been to and actually had a meal at...next step, every second week I will be visiting a restaurant/café I have not been to yet! My tour should be done once I've visited all the places in the book:) Sounds yummy I know!

I started off with the Chinese Restaurant, Yang Tze, I had pork and vegetables with noodles and a spring roll! Delicious:)

So find something that interests you and have fun with it!!! This is the time to do all the things you did not really have time for before!

Well, as of next week I will be interning at the NBC...pregnant and working, more to keep me occupied!!!


Till next time xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing B!!! It is really important to keep away from the negativity some people have looming over their heads and just do what's best for you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priority number 1 is to baby:):):) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete