Wednesday 17 July 2013

God-Mommy B!!!

My Godchildren 
The road to motherhood didn't start for me this year...I've been 'in the game', for lack of a better phrase, for awhile now:)

16 December 2004 my little sister was born, Byonce Beyonce Boois. Last born of four girls, she bought such joy to the house. She was delivered via C-section and then there were complications which resulted in the prolonged hospital stay of my mother. Now, it was December, and we all love and know the festive vibes of this month. And there my two sisters went...off to Swakopmund, famous holiday gathering spot for most of Namibia! It was then that I decided to stay at home and help out with this little yellow goga that warmed my heart with her mere presence. Only 16 at the time, I had no idea what to do with her, how to bath her, care or feed her. I called my aunt and asked if she wouldn't mind 'showing me the ropes.' And that was the beginning of our beautiful relationship. I cared for her like she was my own, perhaps as a result of my loss the previous year. And that's how I came to be a first time godmother!
Godmommy B

My 'second born' arrived 28 April 2007, Siani Sibongile Boniswa Mzinyati! Yet another yellow bone:) After a life-long friendship with her mommy, she asked me to do the honour and be god-mommy to her daughter. At the time I was still studying in Cape Town, so the whole thing had to be planned around my school holiday. This goga doesn't have a godfather so it's just me and her!!!!

Next in line was the arrival of my first boy...a little scorpio like me! Kaylim Taariq Panuleni Hambuda '#Khi-Khoeb' Johannes was born 02 November 2009. He came and added a little colour to my collection of babies,lol. I was also still studying in Cape Town at the time of his arrival, so again we waited for holiday time. There were even complications as the pastor and my church had different views on baptisms. His mother, 'Adamant Irma' insisted till we had to find a new church and then it was sorted, Kaylim was mine:)

Beyonce, Siani and Kaylim
 My sister, mother of my nephew always says that 'being an aunt is an extension of motherhood'...isn't she just clever?! And then we added another boy to the set. Damian-Lee Joaqium Seth Boois, born 22 February 2011...and I was there, LIVE, front row seats:):):)

The latest to my collection of babies is Lauryn Aaliya Weitz, born 01 February 2012! With her, it was just a 'love at first sight' kind of thing. She came to me and lay in my arms like we spent the past first year of her life together...when you know, you know:):):)

Children in general, I love! These select few have just made me the happiest by being in my life. They don't ask for much, and for now I don't have much to give but my love, time and affection. It's not easy, having so many, lol, I can't just walk into a shop and buy only ONE item! I have to make sure the boys are sorted and the girls are sorted, equal love! Even when I was out of the country, I tried to make it a point by calling them, making sure they knew who I was. And bless their little hearts, it doesn't take much for them to remember me and see me as that 'mommy figure' in their lives.
Spending quality time with my squad

They are all hyped about the new addition to the family. A little sister to play with:) What more can one say except 'thank you'! To the mothers, for allowing me to be part of their children's lives...attend parent-teacher meetings, be involved in important decision making processes. It really is an honour, I am proud to have been chosen!
Beyonce 
Siani


Kaylim

Damian-Lee

Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment